Getting into college seems more confusing than ever. The current admission standards have turned our educational system into a pressure cooker for students. Helping our teenagers navigate college admissions can become a full time job for parents.
At Ames Seminars, we understand that to get into college, test scores matter. But how you arrive at a strong score and find a school that fits you best is just as important.
Ames Seminars has been a leader in test prep, college admissions help and academic support for over 17 years because you're much more than a number to us.
Ames Seminars focuses on the core skills and strategies that students need in order to successfully pursue higher education. We know how to strengthen your foundational skills, maximize your tests scores, and find your way through the college application process.
At Ames Seminars, we know that quality instruction, ample practice, and meaningful reflection yield results, so we give you more.
- Free College Information Evenings
- Free SAT & ACT Practice Tests and Follow-Up Information Evenings
- SAT and ACT Prep Seminars
- Individual SAT/ACT Tutoring
- Excellent Academic Tutoring
MORE THAN STANDARD TEST PREP
We offer courses and tutoring for the SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, and PSAT yet we know that preparing for these tests can be daunting and nerve-wracking. Ames Seminars creates an atmosphere that inspires success:
- Our classes are small and personal
- We make the classes fun
- Our curriculum is outstanding and current
- Our teachers are not college or graduate students but professionals who know these tests intimately. Meet our staff.
MORE THAN ONE COURSE
As educators, we realize that students need fundamental skills to build a strong foundation. They also need practice and feedback. Many of our students get their highest score on the second or third try.
That's why our courses include a variety of follow-up programs included in our course packages to meet individual needs:
- READING, WRITING and MATH REVIEWS
Before the spring and fall tests we notify former students of the many free review sessions.
- PRACTICE TESTS
Students have the option of taking scheduled practice tests that mimic an actual testing environment or they may take them at home. All tests are computer graded.
- INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS
In the individual sessions, students have focused time to review test results, plan how to improve, troubleshoot content areas that need review, and improve their use of strategy.
NEW! Be More Prepared for Finals and for the SAT/ACT
Many students find that their performance on tests does not reflect their level of mastery in coursework or on practice tests. There are many reasons for this which stem from students' response to stress. The reasoning and language centers of the brain shut down when we experience heightened stress or fear. Fortunately, there are effective strategies for working through and beyond test anxiety which will not only help students' test performance, but also help them manage other stressors in their lives.
Overcoming Test Anxiety
This 3 session Seminar will support students in:
- Identifying signals of stress and recognizing the ways they interfere with performance
- Developing a toolkit of strategies to overcome the stress response
- Reflecting on the effectiveness of their strategies and refining them
- Developing self-awareness and stress management techniques to apply to test-taking and their lives
November 11, 18 and December 2
7:00pm – 8:30pm