Getting into college seems more confusing than ever. The current admission standards have turned our educational system into a pressure cooker for students. Helping our teenagers navigate college admissions can become a full time job for parents.
At Ames Seminars, we understand that to get into college, test scores matter. But how you arrive at a strong score and find a school that fits you best is just as important.
Ames Seminars has been a leader in test prep, college admissions help and academic support for over 17 years because you're much more than a number to us.
Ames Seminars focuses on the core skills and strategies that students need in order to successfully pursue higher education. We know how to strengthen your foundational skills, maximize your tests scores, and find your way through the college application process.
At Ames Seminars, we know that quality instruction, ample practice, and meaningful reflection yield results, so we give you more.
- Free College Information Evenings
- Free SAT & ACT Practice Tests and Follow-Up Information Evenings
- SAT and ACT Prep Seminars
- Individual SAT/ACT Tutoring
- Excellent Academic Tutoring
MORE THAN STANDARD TEST PREP
We offer courses and tutoring for the SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, and PSAT yet we know that preparing for these tests can be daunting and nerve-wracking. Ames Seminars creates an atmosphere that inspires success:
- Our classes are small and personal
- We make the classes fun
- Our curriculum is outstanding and current
- Our teachers are not college or graduate students but professionals who know these tests intimately. Meet our staff.
MORE THAN ONE COURSE
As educators, we realize that students need fundamental skills to build a strong foundation. They also need practice and feedback. Many of our students get their highest score on the second or third try.
That's why our courses include a variety of follow-up programs included in our course packages to meet individual needs:
- READING, WRITING and MATH REVIEWS
Before the spring and fall tests we notify former students of the many free review sessions.
- PRACTICE TESTS
Students have the option of taking scheduled practice tests that mimic an actual testing environment or they may take them at home. All tests are computer graded.
- INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS
In the individual sessions, students have focused time to review test results, plan how to improve, troubleshoot content areas that need review, and improve their use of strategy.
FREE! COLLEGE INFORMATION EVENINGS
For parents and students — Join Bill Ames for an informative overview of the college process.
Topics will include:
- Timeline for the college process – the importance of starting early
- Testing and GPA requirements for various colleges – and when to take the tests
- SAT or ACT? – How to determine which test will be best
- How do people get in? – Admission trends
All sessions are 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm. Parents and students are welcome to attend.
|Mon, February 3, 2014||Walnut Creek – Shadelands – Auditorium|
|Wed, February 5, 2014||Walnut Creek – Las Lomas High School – Cafeteria|
|*Wed, February 12, 2014||Danville – Ames Seminars – Suite D|
|Thurs, February 13, 2014||Moraga – Campolinda High – Library|
*Due to space considerations, please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to attend this College Info Evening at Ames Seminars. (Include your name, phone number and number of persons attending.) Or call Ames Seminars at 925.937.2280.
Danville office is located at:
524 Hartz Ave. next to the Rake Straw Book Store; take the Diablo Rd exit off 680.
Learn more about other free informational evenings
See how you perform on a full-length SAT in a setting much like the real test: proctored, timed, in a full classroom.
We'll provide a detailed score report and a follow-up class for parents and students to:
- Understand what your scores mean
- Understand the differences between the SAT and ACT and how to choose which test is best for you
- Learn about the college admissions process as it relates to test scores and grades
- Get support in planning your timeline for test preparation and college applications
Sign-up for one of the following FREE practice tests by calling our office at 925.937.2280.
|Saturday, March 15, 2014||9:00 am – 12:30 pm|
|Tuesday, March 18, 2014 (follow-up session)||6:30 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Saturday, April 19, 2014||9:00 am – 12:30 pm|
|Wednesday, April 23, 2014 (follow-up session)||6:30 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Sunday, February 23, 2014||1:00 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday, February 25, 2014 (follow-up session)||6:30 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Saturday, March 15, 2014||9:00 am – 12:30 pm|
|Tuesday, March 18, 2014
(follow-up session will be held in
Lafayette – Ames Seminars Classroom #202 )
|6:30 pm – 8:00 pm|